August 12, 2007

Camp Imadene


This is where I dropped Paula off today - her first summer camp ever. She'll be gone for 7 days and 6 sleeps - that seems like a long time. And I can't even call there. But, I can definitly send her a fax every day - which she is expecting for sure.
And, because I won't be in contact with her for all this time - I took this picture of the schedule so I know what she is doing and when LOL.


What a fabulous place tho - right on Mesachie Lake in Cowichan Lake here on Vancouver Island.

We dropped her and her best little friend off, checked out the cabin and helped the girls settle in. A little drama about who sleeps where - but we did get if figured out.
They did a little craft and then had to get ready for their swimming test. We all went down to the Lake, and waited our turn. The whole group had to jump in together, dreading water for 30 secs. and then swim over to the ladder.


She made it and was excited beyond words with her accomplishment! And so was I!
WTG Paula!
If you make it, you get a yellow wrist band and can participate in activities like tubing, water skieing, kajaking,.... Here she is receiving her yellow band!

Then it was time for the parents to leave and I was surprised that it went so smoothly! There was no time for tears (which I was sure we would have) and all there was on her sweet little face was this beaming smile!!
Hope you have the best summer ever Pauli!
Miss ya :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whow! I wished I would e her ;) I´m missing Vancouver Island. I´m missing traveling.

Sei froh, dass Du nicht hier abhängen musst. So viel Regen wie in diesem Jahr hatten wir glaube ich noch nie. Jeder Sonnenstrahl ist Gold wert! Bei Euch scheint ja wenigstens das Wetter mitzuspielen.

Liebe Grüße aus good old Germany
Jeani

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness...GOOD TIMES! Love these fun photographs...looks like a totaly blast! xoxo
Loves,
K

Cori said...

Yay, good for her! I loved going to summer camps so much, what a fun experience for her!

Unknown said...

I'm sure she'll have a great time! I was a summer camper, and then a counseller and then a staff member after that and had a great time every summer.

Anna Zalamea said...

ohh fun times!! looks like a great place! Looks like she'll have a blast!