March 2, 2008

A new beginning!!!



This is my last pack of smokes! It is empty now!! I am done.

Tomorrow will be the first day for me with no smokes - after over 20 years of smoking - I quit!

I am on Champix for the last 8 days and I cannot believe the results!! After only a few days of taking the pills, my cravings lessened and smoking sure didn't taste very good anymore. I had to set a date and I chose Monday, March 3rd. I am excited and optimistic that I can do it but a bit nervous too! The morning smoke is gonna be the hardest one. But, I need to do it for myself and my family!

I am well prepared for tomorrow, I bought a ton of water, have a bunch of very healthy snacks packed for work and instead of a smoke on my lunchbreak we will be going for a walk. The girl I work with jsut quit a couple of weeks ago - so we are in this together. I will also drink a lot of green tea instead of coffee for a while - I heard this is good for you.

Anyhow, I will update my success (hopefully) here and hope you keep your fingers crossed for me :)

8 comments:

Heather M. said...

Good for you, Sabine!!!! Good luck!

Cate said...

Awesome Sabine!! You can do it!

Oprah had a great show about quitting smoking a few weeks ago. I bet there's still stuff on her site about it.

Janet said...

Yay Sabine!!! I'm rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

that is so great to hear...you WILL do it...remember that...! And I promise...you will feel lots better in a little while and wonder why you didn't do it sooner - I quit in 1986 after 20 years.

bcgal00 Rae said...

I started smoking at 16 and didn't quit til 5 yrs ago but have never looked back. I had the occasional craving but I would chew a piece of gum and the feeling would pass. Eventually I just stopped thinking about it. It was one yr for hubby last wk and he says he doesn't even think about it anymore either. You can do it! I'll be cheering you on!

Anonymous said...

Sabine, we've never met, but I am so proud of you for making this choice for yourself and your family. It is one of the best gifts you can give your children...not only a positive role model, but also a healthy mom who will be in there lives for so much longer. And you won't believe how much better food will start to taste in a couple of months. At least that is something my mom commented on when she quit years ago.

Don't forget we're all here when you need our help, encourage and cheers.

Kelli said...

Yay for you!!! Think of all the money you will save, you can spend it on scrapbooking stuff now!

Margo said...

You go girl!!! I am proud of you for committing to this!! And I know your kids and Rob will love this!!