February 15, 2007

What a beautiful sight


This is my little boy reading his very first chapter book - I am soo happy and excited. I noticed that his light was on after bedtime and went in to see what he was doing (I expected him to be playing Gameboy LOL) and there he was - all cozy in his bed reading away!! He is in Grade 1 and does read some very easy first reader books but today at school he got to pick a chapter book as he reached his 150 nights of home reading.
There is a whole new world opening up for you my sweet little boy - I hope you keep on reading!!
Then, some not so good news, he's got Strep throat :( Sucks man. He is complaining about a sore throat for a couple of days now and just to be sure I took him for a swap and sure enough it's strep. But nothing compared to last time he had it, a bit of a sore throat is all he's got. No fever no nothing. So, I went to Walmart to get his antibiotics tonight and because I had to wait like 35 minutes - I did some shopping LOL. I found a great pair of green pants for $7!! $7 - pfft, can't beat that LOL. Then I also bought a new blouse and voila - a new outfit LOL. Loving it :)
And while I was at Walmart Margo called telling me that both her boys have strep too. Apparently it's going around .
I also bought a Harry Potter movie (#3) and because we all will be home tomorrw we'll have something fun to watch. Paula and I just finished reading the book and it's just sooo good.
Sure can't wait for the next (and last) book to come out - July 31st. I am not sure if I am ready for the ending of HP and I have a feeling it;s not gonna end to my liking. We'll see I guess.
I am soooo excited for the POTP retreat - signed up last night and now it's just gonna be waiting til the end of May. I told work already that I need that friday and monday off LOL. Gotta be prepared. Can't wait - a weekend away with a bunch of fabulous girls scrappin' to our hearts content - wooho.
I haven't scrapped all week and it doesn't look like it's happening this weekend either. Boooo. Brother in law and niece are coming tomorrow, we have the School dance, maybe soccer on saturday, and just lots of family stuff. But that's alright too.
Here is a little thought about Happiness :) Enjoy.
Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere, wholeheartedly,one-directionally, without regret or reservation.
-- William H. Sheldon

4 comments:

Jennifer Cottyn said...

Yay Liam! Way to go!
Jen

Mary Pauls said...

Hi Sabine, I hope your little guy is feeling better now. I'm excited about the POTP retreat as well. Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

how exciting for your son!!! what a great moment!!! so jealous of all you gals going to POTP retreat...but I am not scrificing my trip home...been waiting 9 years for this!!! totally excited to hook up and meet you than!!! have a great night sabine!

Anonymous said...

I hope your son is feeling better now too! I hope you have a great time at the POTP retreat too! I so wish I were closer to you girls to be able to join the fun too! xoxo Loves, K