March 7, 2007

Savary - here we come




I am soo excited - we booked our cabin for Savary Island today. I was worried that we wouldn't get one this year - but, we were lucky and it all worked out. Phew.

We went to Savary for the first time 2 years ago - and it is heaven. No cars, gravel roads, endless sandy beaches, not much electricity (it's all solar panels), beautiful blue ocean, lots of wildlife and relaxation pur. It's like being in a different country and all this only 5 hours away from home.

Here is the cabin we rented - isn't it cute? Now I just wonder if this cabin does have electricity at all LOL - dinner by candlelight? Oh well, just adds to it :) I guess lots of early nights.
The kids are soo excited too - we'll do tons of exploring, swimming, relaxing, hiking and playing - I cannot wait. We'll be going for a week, July 22 - 29th. Oh yeah, life is good.
Just got home from a full day at work and then dentist (had a new dental hygenist - and man, not liking it!!) and now I will try and catch up on what needs to be done around the house. Chores just never end...............
Have a good one.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Sabine that cottage looks wonderful! I'm so jealous!!! LOL!

Unknown said...

pea green with envy!!! I haven't been to savory island...but man that sounds fabulous!!!! you're gonna have a blast!!! have a great night!!!

Unknown said...

okay...I'm back!!! checked out those links...how totally cute is that cabin??!!! and what a beautiful place!! I think I will be showing my hubby this one...LOL!!! do you have any recommendations on what side or part of the island is better??? my hubby likes to fish and has never had the experience of ocean fishing!!! he would have a blast in a place like that!!! anyway...will stop the babbling...LOL ciao again!!

Anonymous said...

you guys will have a blast there!! and you will be calling me with the cell phone for computer updates, I'm sure!! LOL

Cori said...

oooh, so jealous, glad you got a cabin, it will be aweome, I'm sure of it!